Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Dirty Little Secret

I have a secret...

Though some have seen it, many have not.  It is difficult to hide, frustrating to look at and something I am embarrassed by.  My craft room/library is a nightmare to anyone who is neat and tidy.  I walk by every day and ignore the challenge.  It is a small room, but it has no door.  The kids go in and out to get books or craft items and never put them away.  I run in to wrap a gift and leave the scissors and tape out.  Keepsake items and photos that I eventually plan to scrapbook are piled on every flat surface and fill at least two boxes.  I look inside and can't even think of where to begin.  We have lived here for 2 years, and though at times the room has been useful, it has never been the great space I dreamed of.  I am now ready to conquer it.  It will be my part time project.  Something I work on a little at a time, with the goal of finishing someday.  I don't want to be too specific with a timeline, and it may take a while, but it will get finished.

I am doing it part time because with four kids, anything I focus completely on, takes me away from the things that have to be done.  When I was painting, I spent several days doing minimal laundry, cooking and cleaning.  The older kids were away at Nanna's, so I could do work on painting.  I have to work this project into my daily life without neglecting things.  I have visions of painting and decorating.  Having it all organized to maximize its usefulness.

Desk covered with papers and craft items.
So many things out of place that you can't walk!
Many things in here aren't even useful anymore.


For now, I have to start with the obvious... remove the stuff we no longer use and the things that don't belong and put things where they go.    

No comments:

Post a Comment