Saturday, May 12, 2012

My mission~ Live up to the name

In February, our fourth child was born... a son, Paxton.  He was welcomed home by older brothers, Grayson (8), Camden (5), and the only girl in the mix, Madalynn (2).  

I love being pregnant!  My pregnancy with Paxton is when I first heard the name, or at least the first time I remember being called Supermom.  (I think it came from someone in my small group at church.)  It comes as quite a shock to people when you announce you are having your fourth child.  I wanted things to remain as much the same as they could for the other 3.  We didn't cut out any of our usual activities... Church, Boy Scouts, soccer, zumba, etc.  If things were going on, we tried to make it.  Being a stay-at-home mom, those activities are an opportunity for me to get out and relate with other adults, so it was/is as much for my sanity as it is for the kids' enjoyment.  I may have been totally worn out, but we were out in the community. 

After Paxton was born, we continued with life for the rest of the family, making room for our newest addition.  Jackson (my husband), took the boys ice skating the evening Paxton was born and to pinewood derby races and Super Science Saturday the next day.  The kids were so excited to have the new baby home, I left the hospital just over 24 hours after delivery and we went to church the next morning.  Looking back, it was probably a little more than I should have done that first couple of days, but I survived.  

I often have people say to me, "I don't know how you do it".  I'm not really sure either... I just do.  So that is where it began... the Supermom moniker.  I don't feel like I really am a super mom.  I try my best to raise great kids and give them an awesome life.  I want them to be a well-rounded, responsible and respectful adults. I don't want to lose myself in the process, and I want my husband to have a great life, too.  So balance is the key, and I am trying to figure it out as I go.   

I read somewhere that keeping a blog is a wonderful way to hold yourself accountable for the things you want to accomplish.  I decided I would put myself out there~ sharing my successes and failures, what works and what doesn't in the quest to live up to the name. 

Camden, Grayson, Madalynn, and baby Paxton. 
  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment